Marty Hazell, CET, CMO, MLEO(c)
City of Hamilton
Marty Hazell has enjoyed a lengthy career as an executive leader with the City of Hamilton, providing strategic and operational leadership in politically-sensitive, demanding and results-oriented work environments to large multi-disciplinary workforces delivering a wide range of municipal services.
Marty is currently the Director of Strategic Initiatives in the City of Hamilton’s Planning and Economic Development Department where he is responsible for leading and delivering key leadership, workforce development and employee engagement initiatives to support a high-performing, engaged workforce and an “open for business” culture.
Marty is also an experienced adult education instructor and author of several management and leadership books including:
- “Self-Leadership for Personal Effectiveness”;
- “Becoming an Effective Supervisor”;
- “Driving and Surviving Workplace Change”;
- “Building Time Management Muscle”; and,
- “Understanding and Developing Leadership”.